The end of February Nick's Grandma D passed away. Her funeral and graveside services where in Dallas. We decided it would be cheaper if we rent a mini van & drove straight through. Man was that easier said then done.

Nick drove to Rexburg & picked up his brother Travis & their family on Wednesday February 23rd. Then we left in the early afternoon of Thursday February 24th. We had 4 adults (& my sis-in-law was pregnant), 1 18 mos old & 1 7 mos old. It was quite the journery. Before we even got to Price, my sweet niece got sick. I think it was because of the canyon road. The rest of the journey went fairly well. Yes it was hard to sleep but we were on a deadline.

We arrived in Dallas on Friday the 25th at about 1 pm. Had lunch with the whole family-everyone that had arrived that is. Got some funeral things done. Rebekah & I were able to meet some of the Gentry relatives. It was nice to put a name with a face. Then the whole family went out to dinner. Saturday the 26th was Grandma D's funeral. It was small & simple but that is probably how Grandma wanted it. Nick was asked to dedicate her grave. He did a wonderful job & I know how happy & proud Grandma would have been.

We spent the rest of Saturday together as a family. It was nice to see everyone & wished that it was under different circumstances but oh well. We all said our goodbyes on Sunday the 27th & started the journey back.

On the way back we weren't on such a time crunch to get back so we actually found a place to stay in Albuqurque, NM. And finally arrived home at about 9 pm Monday the 28th.

Granma D will be missed but I knew it was her time to go. She was such a great lady & was always sweet to everyone! She will truly be missed. We love you Grandma D.

*sorry but I didn't take any pics that I could find. If any of my sis in laws read this & have some pics you would like to share that would be awesome!


Carrie said...

ahh... driving straight through. NOT fun. We've done that drive way too many times but only straight through once. Never again.
I hope you enjoyed your little taste of Texas (in the hottest time of the dryest year!)

Kristin and Seth said...

Heather in response to your comment: I just copied the tutu from one that I saw on ETSY. I looped 2inch by 14inch pieces of tulle over a thick elastic band (or you can also use a long piece of ribbin to tie around their waist)after looping each strip of tulle on I added an accent piece to the bottom about 2 inches from the bottom. I chose black and white for my accents. I simply just tied them in a square knot around each individual piece. I also added some strips of ribbon, looping them amungst the tulle, and evenly spaced. to end I just glued a big bow on the side! I hope this is somewhat clear. Their are demonstrations of how to make tutu's on you tube also. The looping is demonstrated well on there. If you have any questions just call me, although my number has changed... without saying exactly what it is only the last 4 digits changed 786nine. It is seth's old number.