August...so far

I can't believe I am finally caught up on my blog. Woohooo!

Nick's Birthday was on the 5th. I took off a 1/2 day without telling him so I could frost his cake I baked the night before, and take it to his work. Well low and behold he was home when I got home. So no cake for him at work. Oh well. I wanted to take him to the golf range and let him hit a bucket of balls but it was raining! We didn't see any movies at the theatre that we thought was worth seeing. So off to the bowling alley. We played two games. It was a lot of fun. I don't remember the last time the two of us went bowling. Too bad I didn't take my camera. We went home and I made him his favorite for dinner, that being lasagna w/french bread. While eating dinner we watched a movie that we picked up on the way home, Obessed-with Beyonce Knowles. It was ok.

On the 6th, I had to go in and get some more work done on my mouth. They put in a sort of "screw" where my baby tooth used to be. It actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. They did give me some Ativan before to calm my nerves. That stuff works really good. And I only had to take Ibprofen & Tylenol. Nick was nice and took care of me the rest of the night.

On the 7th we went down to Idaho Falls, ID and visited my grandparents. I was lucky enough to get to see my Aunt Nicole & her adorable daughter Olivia. That night we went to Jason & SueAnne & Rachael's in Rexburg. I love that we are able to see them often. It so funny to see what Rachael is doing and what she's learning. On Saturday the 8th we went to the Idaho Falls temple, Rexburg temple was closed for cleaning. The session was packed. I had never seen so many people in one session. I know there were 2 or 3 missionaries & 1 or 2 family sealings. Think of all the work that got done that day! It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. After the temple we met up the Jason, SueAnne & Rachael on the River walk on the Snake River. They were having some festivities that day and thought we'd join in on the fun. After ice cream at Shari's restaraunt, SueAnne & I left the boys and went material shopping. I have some baby gifts that I need to work on and I knew that JoAnn's was having a sale that weekend! I got 8 yards of fabric for about $21. I saved about $20 or so because of the sale. Once we got back to Rexburg we went and got some dinner at Grengo's-I don't think I spelled that right. Went back to the house and crashed for the night. Sunday we went to church and when we got home noticed that our tire on our car was totally flat. Nick changed the tire and saw that there was a screw or nail in it. So in to Idaho Falls to Walmart, because all of the tire shops in Rexburg were closed. Got the tire fixed and got on with our day. SueAnne & Jason made a great Sunday dinner. Even with homemade rolls! To finish off our visit to Rexburg we went on a bike ride. It was fun and good to get some exercise.

On the 10th it was mustache Monday at the Helena Brewers. Nick has been growing his for about 2 mos. I actually helped Nick cut his beard/mustache Sunday night. Here are some pics of his award winning beard & stache. He even got a "Brewy" award. It is now sitting on a shelf in our apartment.

So that is what the Montana Joyner's have been up to so far in August.


SueAnn said...

Sound like lots of fun!! I was wondering why Nick had a beard. I like it all trimmed up!! We hope to come up and see you before we leave!!!

Beck said...

Hahaha! I love the chops, Nick. It's nice to see you guys doing well. Hopefully we can really catch up sometime.